Information We Collect:
We may collect the following information about our customers and Website visitors:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Website or interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit.
- Contact Information: We collect contact information, which includes personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, and email address) that you knowingly provide when you use the Website.
- Call records, email records, text records, video, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Website Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Website, including pages visited, links clicked, and buttons clicked. This information could include personal information.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or reviews.
- Demographic Information: We have access to demographic details about our customers and dealers such as ZIP code and other similar details.
- Social Media Usage: We collect information about people who visit and interact with social media platforms.
- Inferences: We may draw inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, or other matters.
How Your Information is Collected:
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: visit our Website, contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Website or Social Media Pages; respond to a survey; apply to become a Roof Maxx dealer; or fill out any forms on our Websites or Social Media Pages.
- Your device or browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, such as our Roof Maxx dealers, analytics, or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be shared or collected and processed by third parties, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: We receive information from social media platforms. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
- Publicly Available Data: We may combine the information you provide to us with data that is publicly available and data that we receive from other sources.
How (and Why) We Use Your Information:
We require certain information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your requests, including responding to your customer service inquiries, connecting customers with local Roof Maxx dealers, or answering questions about becoming a Roof Maxx dealer.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding our customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communications, analyzing trends and statistics). We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Website to determine whether to make changes to the Website. We may, from time to time, review your information and information of other Website users to help us analyze trends, purchasing patterns, preferences, and demographics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize your Website experience by using information about you to recommend services or promotions that we believe you may be interested in as well as personalizing advertising and experiences on our Website, emails, and ads.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding directly to your requests or responding to your requests through our Roof Maxx dealers, and asking for feedback through surveys or other messages.
- Becoming a Dealer: When you use this Website to become a Roof Maxx dealer, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email, phone number, address, etc. If you become a Roof Maxx dealer, the information you provide during the process will become part of our records and will allow us to contact and communicate with you.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website and Social Media Pages and developing our products and services.
- Security: Protecting Roof Maxx, our dealers, and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity. We and our third party service providers may disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to: (i) investigate any suspected misuse of a Website; (ii) protect or defend the rights, property and interests of Roof Maxx, our customers, or the interests of our third party service providers; or (iii) under exigent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and for What Purposes:
We may share personal information with third parties for certain limited purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Websites and Social Media Pages, connecting customers with Roof Maxx dealers in their area, and helping us communicate with Roof Maxx dealers and customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in How We Use Your Information. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Please note that Roof Maxx dealers may market to you in accordance with their own business practices.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect the our Website users, our Website, or the public. When we have co-branded or sponsored services, when we host a site, or when we join with other parties to provide specific services, we may share your personal information with the third parties involved.
Controlling Your Personal Information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the “email preferences” link in the footer of such emails and selecting your communication preferences.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: <NAI Opt-Out> or <DAA>. You will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preferences. You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through this technology. We may use more than one third party company for advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: Your information may be transferred to another entity that succeeds to all or part of our business in connection with a sale, reorganization, consolidation or merger. Your information may be shared under obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure to a prospective successor or purchaser of our business.
Children’s (Minor’s) Privacy:
We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of eighteen (18) years old. If you believe that your child under the age of (eighteen) 18 has submitted personal information to Roof Maxx in connection with our Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Although we use measures to protect your personal information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals:
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third-Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third-Party Sites.
For your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.